Subject: [PATCH 0/2] checkout: diff.ignoreSubmodules: Add test and honor per submodule settings too

From: Jens Lehmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 28 Aug 2010 16:48:29 +0200

Am 25.08.2010 23:57, schrieb Jens Lehmann:
> Am 25.08.2010 22:10, schrieb Junio C Hamano:
>> Thanks.  Perhaps we would want a new test or two in t2013?
> 
> Sure, I will add some as soon as I find some time ...

Ok, here we go!

While writing the test I noticed it might be nice to use the
configuration settings consistently. So I did a second patch
teaching checkout to honor the submodule.*.ignore settings
the same way diff and status do.

Two other issues surfaced while working on these patches:

1) We might have to teach the --ignore-submodules option to
   checkout too to be able to override the configuration on
   the command line and in scripts.

2) It might be a good idea to let "git status" honor the
   diff.ignoreSubmodules setting too, so that the output is
   consistent with that of diff and checkout.

Opinions?

(While I am willing to write the patches, I am not a user of
these config options myself, so feedback from people who do
use them is very much appreciated!)

Jens Lehmann (2):
  checkout: Add test for diff.ignoreSubmodules
  checkout: Use submodule.*.ignore settings from .git/config and
    .gitmodules

 Documentation/config.txt      |    3 ++-
 builtin/checkout.c            |    5 +++++
 t/t2013-checkout-submodule.sh |   23 +++++++++++++++++++++++
 3 files changed, 30 insertions(+), 1 deletions(-)

-- 
1.7.2.2.515.g13860