Subject: git log over restricts output when using --follow?

From: Gregg Leichtman <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 07 Sep 2010 20:15:42 -0400

Before I post this as a possible defect, I wanted to check here.

On the following server:

|gsl@aragorn:~/gitTest> uname -a
Linux aragorn 2.6.31.12-0.2-default #1 SMP 2010-03-16 21:25:39 +0100 i686 i686 i386 GNU/Linux

gsl@aragorn:~/gitTest> cat /etc/SuSE-release

openSUSE 11.2 (i586)
VERSION = 11.2
|

I use the following git:

|gsl@aragorn:~/gitTest> git --version
git version 1.7.2.3

|

I get (with a bash alias of |gitnp='git --no-pager'|):

(1)

|gsl@aragorn:~/gitTest> gitnp log --pretty=oneline junk.txt
500e8791578c5baf7a139d4997841769a995ac6b mod of junk and junk3
594ceed7a0fb35a860a6e2cb913d5398f09a861f 1st mod junk.txt
df271b2ebd5801bd8d827b0630577cad51c40896 initial junk.txt
|

(2)

|gsl@aragorn:~/gitTest> gitnp log --follow --pretty=oneline junk.txt
500e8791578c5baf7a139d4997841769a995ac6b mod of junk and junk3
594ceed7a0fb35a860a6e2cb913d5398f09a861f 1st mod junk.txt
df271b2ebd5801bd8d827b0630577cad51c40896 initial junk.txt
|

(3)

|gsl@aragorn:~/gitTest> gitnp log -2 --follow --pretty=oneline junk.txt
500e8791578c5baf7a139d4997841769a995ac6b mod of junk and junk3
|

(4)

|gsl@aragorn:~/gitTest> gitnp log -2 --pretty=oneline junk.txt
500e8791578c5baf7a139d4997841769a995ac6b mod of junk and junk3
594ceed7a0fb35a860a6e2cb913d5398f09a861f 1st mod junk.txt
|

Why don't I see 2 output lines for item (3) above?

-=> Gregg <=-