Subject: Re: Mailing list headers: Date:<TAB> instead of Date:<SPACE>

From: Chris Packham <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Sep 2010 11:58:13 -0700

On 13/09/10 11:30, Thomas Klausner wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 13, 2010 at 11:24:59AM -0700, Chris Packham wrote:
>> There is also a problem with your definition of "uncommon". I haven't
>> checked but I'm guessing the tabs are there for every mailing list run
>> by vger.kernel.org. Those are some of the highest volume mailing lists
>> that I know of. It can't be to hard to change tin to parse a tab or
>> space character.
> 
> I'm sorry if you don't like my choice of words. I have subscribed to a
> number of mailing lists and read them in tin without stumbling over
> this problem.

And I'm sorry if that came of a little terse. Honestly since the advent
of web based mail/news viewers I've never really bothered with using one
so I'm fairly ignorant.

> Is my request so much to ask?
>  Thomas

My point was you're not asking the maintainer of the git mailing list to
change something. You're asking the maintainers of all mailing lists run
from vger.kernel.org to change something (i.e. a much greater scale).
Again my ignorance as to how things are run at kernel.org may be
distorting reality.

You may get more mileage out of asking the developers of the majordomo
software [1]. But even if they do make a change it may take a while to
be deployed on kernel.org

[1] http://www.greatcircle.com/majordomo/