Subject: using git svn as subversion client

From: schachtobi <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Sep 2010 21:35:46 +0200

Hello all,

I just started learning git but I unfortunatelly have to use a
subversion repository to interact with (company).
Now I have a project (in svn) with some branches in it. I fetched those
using git-svn and even when I did a merge in the git working copy it
showed up in the right branch in subversion.

So far so good.

But now there is the fact that our team relies on the subversion
properties. Namely the svn:merginfo. Using this information we keep
track what features and bugfixes got merged into the release lines.

Unfortunatelly they got not set using git as an svn client and this way
it is actually not a standard conform svn client. Probably this was not
the development goal for git-svn.

Then I read about that git does not support properties at all (except
the executable attribute). But I also found out that David Fraser
started working on a support to set svn properties using git as a client.

My question is now how I could check if and when this got/will get
merged into the mainline git and if there is allready a feature request
for svn:mergeinfo support in git.

regards,
Tobias