Subject: svn propset

From: schachtobi <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 15 Sep 2010 20:52:25 +0200

In response to Ramana,

you talked about the svn:ignore property and suggested to have a special
command to set this property. But I think first it could be done
automatically using the semantics git allready has and second there are
other properties that could be treated the same way:

* svn:mime-type
* svn:ignore
* svn:keywords (is there something like this in git?)
* svn:externals (not yet supported? Found nothing so far)
  except solutions here:
http://panthersoftware.com/articles/view/3/svn-s-svn-externals-to-git-s-submodule-for-rails-plugins
  but this is not the same since the client has to setup the links,
repositories etc. And they do not come automatically as in subversion.
  I guess submodules is the proper replacement. But still having the
svn:externals from a pull this could be done automatically without the
need for scripting. And the dcommit should also work for the submodules.
* svn:bugtraq*
* svn:mergeinfo

for me the svn:merginfo and the svn:externals would be most benifitial
since our team uses this a lot and without being able to set those from
git it will be not possible for me to use git for a svn client to do the
merges.

So are there plans or updates to the problems I have encountered?

Thanks!

regards,
Tobias