Subject: Update Webservers from a remote repository

From: Matthias Fechner <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 21 Sep 2010 11:02:51 +0200

Dear list,

I'm new to git but the more I use it I more I like/love it. :)

I have a central --bare git repository which is the master for all web 
servers (I did a git clone http://xxx on each web server).
If I now push changes from my devel station to the central repository I 
would like to have them available on all server with a script.

If I understood everything correctly I execute the following commands on 
each server:
git checkout master (to be sure we are on branch master)
git fetch (to fetch changes from the central repository)
git merge origin (to update the repo to the changes on the central repo)

I use here origin because the remote name for the central server in the 
.git/config file is named origin.

Is that correct or did I missed something?

Thanks,
Matthias

-- 
"Programming today is a race between software engineers striving to 
build bigger and better idiot-proof programs, and the universe trying to 
produce bigger and better idiots. So far, the universe is winning." -- 
Rich Cook