Subject: Re: A sudden lack of permission

From: Ivan Uemlianin <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 27 Sep 2010 17:30:32 +0100

On 27/09/2010 17:22, Jeff King wrote:
> On Mon, Sep 27, 2010 at 05:16:43PM +0100, Ivan Uemlianin wrote:
>
>> Yes, I can ssh onto the server, cd to /var/www/git/my_repos.git and
>> add, edit files, etc.
> Did you check specifically the /var/www/git/my_repos.git/objects
> directory?

I can add files to the objects directory, but files in subdirectories 
(eg ff/, info/, pack/) are read only.

I have tried pushing to other reposes on the same server and some I can 
push to some I can't.  Ones I /can/ push to, their objects/ff/ etc 
directories are read only.

I'm using git a lot, but as (a) it generally just works and (b) I'm 
doing very basic things (pull, push, add, commit, status), I know very 
little about what is really going on.

Best wishes

Ivan

-- 
============================================================
Ivan A. Uemlianin
Speech Technology Research and Development

                     [email-masked]
                      www.llaisdy.com
                          llaisdy.wordpress.com
                      www.linkedin.com/in/ivanuemlianin

     "Froh, froh! Wie seine Sonnen, seine Sonnen fliegen"
                      (Schiller, Beethoven)
============================================================