Subject: Re: remote-bzr status

From: Gabriel Filion <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 05 Oct 2010 21:24:45 -0400

On 2010-10-04 14:07, Sverre Rabbelier wrote:
> On Mon, Oct 4, 2010 at 20:03, Gabriel Filion <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> My original plan was to try and make the helper work both ways, and then
>> to incorporate it into git.git to build patches on top of master (since
>> it's a new feature that should be working on the current master).
> 
> It would be great if you could make it work by adding a bzr directory
> to git_remote_helpers and a git-remote-bzr.py to the root directory!

I have written a test file that uses test-lib.sh. It is named
t5801-remote-bzr.sh. I don't know if this name is right so I can correct
it. I simply took the next sequential number after t5800-remote-helpers.sh.

It is included in the repo mentioned earlier but it won't work in there..

I've created a clone of git.git [1] in which there's a 'remote-bzr'
branch. I will be rebasing this branch on top of master and keeping it
up to date with the other repo's content. (so most operations will be
non-fastforward pushes)
The previous repository will contain the detailed history about work on
the remote helper, while the git clone will contain a simple commit for
the helper, plus relevant commits for integration in git.git.
The test file can be used inside the git clone.

[1]: http://github.com/lelutin/git

Maintaining two repositories will add a little more work but it will
make it easier for me to post a series on top of git for review and
possible inclusion later.
Also, it should make it easier for interested people to test out the
remote helper, and to run the test file.

So now, most of my work will be to try and fix bzr-fastimport. I tried
to get in contact with current maintainers of the plugin via Bazaar's
mailing list but was unsuccessful. I guess I should e-mail Jelmer
Vernooij directly since he merged some code in not so long ago.

-- 
Gabriel Filion