Subject: Re: Error on git clone

From: Johannes Sixt <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 06 Oct 2010 12:51:55 +0200

Am 10/6/2010 12:34, schrieb Hocapito Cheteamo:
> $ git fetch
> Enter passphrase for key 'C:\.....\privateKey':
> remote: Counting objects: 478, done.
> remote: Compressing objects: 100% (303/303), done.
> Receiving objects: 100% (478/478), 96.57 MiB | 166 KiB/s, done.
> Resolving deltas: 100% (21/21), done.
> From github.com:XXX/YYY
>  * [new branch]      master     -> origin/master

Ok, download works as expected. You don't have to repeat these steps
anymore. Keep a copy of sss3\.git around so that you can go back to this
state when necessary.

> $ git checkout -b master origin/master
> Checking out files: 43%
> tagging': Invalid argumenttory at 'public/images/tagging

The error message is this one:

cannot create directory at '%s'

Do you have a file/directory with a CR in it? When you run this:

 git -p ls-tree -r origin/master

and look for public/images, do you see this:

"public/images/tagging\rtagging"

(including the double-quotes)? If so, ask your upstream to fix the
repository; you can't checkout the data as is on Windows.

Alternatively, you could use a sparse checkout that excludes the
questionable file. Read "Sparse checkout" in
http://www.kernel.org/pub/software/scm/git/docs/git-read-tree.html

-- Hannes