Subject: Re: [msysGit] Re: [PULL] Pull request from msysGit

From: Ramsay Jones <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 09 Oct 2010 18:56:11 +0100

Pat Thoyts wrote:
> The patch in question has been on the msysGit tree for about 10 months
> now. Its somewhat disappointing not to have had it spotted before we
> pushed it upstream. Are the msvc builders only working against junio's
> repository?

Well, I can't speak for anyone else, but for me the answer is yes. ;-)
I build git (from the git.kernel.org repository) on Linux, cygwin,
cygwin+msvc and msysGit. (For a short while I also built it on FreeBSD
hosted in a VM - but that was so slow, I soon stopped doing that!).

So, the git I *use* on MinGW/msysGit is built from junio's repository.
I only installed msysGit to enable me to check that my patches worked
on MinGW (I was tired of always saying "could somebody test this on
MinGW ..."). As you may have noticed, the mingw and msvc builds share
quite a bit of compatibility code...

[I don't follow 4msysgit or subscribe to the msysgit mailing list, so
I would not normally see any 4msysgit patches, unless they were also
discussed on the git mailing list.]

ATB,
Ramsay Jones