Subject: Re: OT: This forum

From: Chris Packham <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 11 Oct 2010 17:11:14 -0700

On 11/10/10 16:35, Maaartin wrote:
> I read this forum using
> http://post.gmane.org/post.php?group=gmane.comp.version-control.git
> and it sort of works. Except that finding own old posting is quite impossible, 
> even when I try searching for the subject, and/or author, and/or pieces of text 
> in any combination. It finds some posting, but it misses others, whatever I do. 
> Except that I don't know how to attach a file. Except that I'd expect to see a 
> thread containing a new reply somewhere on the first page instead of on the 
> 14th. Except that replies to emails I get (answers to my threads) goes to their 
> author instead of to the forum.
> 
> Is there a better way for using this forum/mailing list? However, I'd like to 
> avoid getting daily dozens of emails.

Luckily for you, you don not have to be subscribed to send email to
[email-masked], that's the preferred method. By convention on this
list replies are sent to the originator _and_ the mailing list (and
quite often a few people that may provide a better answer to the
questions being asked).

As for searching I sometimes find using google's
site:http://news.gmane.org/gmane.comp.version-control.git yields better
results than the gmane's own search (also I'm familiar with how to tell
google to ignore a particular word which can help weed out unwanted
results).