Subject: Re: Documentation for git gui blame

From: Chris Packham <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 2010 14:46:48 -0700

On 12/10/10 12:50, Jakub Narebski wrote:
> Chris Packham <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
>> On 12/10/10 09:12, Joshua Jensen wrote:
>>>  Is there any documentation for git gui blame 
>>
>> Not sure but it's displaying the same info as git blame so start with
>> man git-blame. That probably covers most of what you want to know
>>
>>> that explains what the two left columns containing 4 letter SHAs are?
>>
>> These are the first 4 characters of the commit id that last
>> added/changed that line of code.
> 
> Note that there are *two* columns because one column contains plain blame,
> and second contains blame with code movement and copying detection and
> discarding changes in whitespace (like "git blame -C -C -w").  So if those
> columns are different, one column would show commit that put code here,
> and the other would show commit that changed this code.

Sorry, my bad I should have actually taken a look before responding (and
read the question properly).