Subject: Re: [RGC/PATCHv2] grep: submodule support

From: Jens Lehmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 16 Oct 2010 17:54:59 +0200

Am 16.10.2010 01:26, schrieb Chris Packham:
> Here is my updated grep support for submodules series.

Thanks Chris and Duy, I added this series to my git-submod-enhancements
repo on github and will give it some testing next week.

> Chris Packham (4):
>       grep: output the path from cwd to worktree
>       grep_cache: check pathspec first
>       add test for git grep --recursive

Hmm, is it useful to add tests before adding the feature tested? I
thought it makes more sense to add them in the same commit or after
adding what is tested (e.g. to reduce the noise when bisecting
later). Or am I missing something here?

(And by the way: the test script should be executable)

>       grep: add support for grepping in submodules

Nit: The commit message (5/5) talks about the old option name
"--recurse-submodules" instead of the "--recursive" the patch
is adding.

> Nguyễn Thái Ngọc Duy (1):
>       worktree: provide better prefix to go back to original cwd