Subject: Re: How to import bzr repository into git

From: Gabriel Filion <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 16 Nov 2010 19:22:58 -0500

On 11/16/2010 02:57 PM, Dmitri Pissarenko wrote:
> Hello!
> 
> I want to migrate one of my projects from Bazaar to git, preserving the history.
> 
> How can I do that in Windows (import an existing Bazaar project into a
> new/empty git repository) ?
> 

Have a look at "bzr-fastimport" [1]. it's a Bazaar plugin that can help
you to transform the bzr history into a git one.

[1]: https://launchpad.net/bzr-fastimport

I haven't done a lot of testing with shared-tree Bazaar repositories (a
repository with multiple branches in it) but I suspect it would not work
very well with such a layout.. If you're doing a one-time conversion of
a one-branch repository, it works pretty well.

Once Bazaar and the bzr-fastimport plugin are installed, you mostly need
to run those commands :

    git init project
    cd project
    bzr fast-export --export-marks=../bzr.mark /path/to/old/bzr/project
| git-fast-import --export-marks=../git.mark

you now have, in the new git project, a "master" branch with all the
history from the bzr repository and all tags.

-- 
Gabriel Filion