Subject: Re: What's cooking in git.git (Nov 2010, #02; Wed, 17)

From: "J.H." <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 2010 13:33:49 -0800

>> I am thinking about splitting main 'gitweb: File based caching layer
>> (from git.kernel.org)' patch in two, separating moving test for
>> $caching_enabled out of cache_fetch to separate commit (largest change
>> to original J.H. submission), but leaving hardening "do 'cache.pl';"
>> and replacing 0/1 valued $cache_enable with boolean valued 
>> $caching_enabled.
>>
>> Because currently new tests in t9501 and t9502 (examining status and
>> output of gitweb with caching enabled) do not pass, I am thinking
>> about adding new configuration know turning off "Generating..." page.
>>
>> BTW. should I forge J.H. signoffs, and add mine?
> 
> Just ping him beforehand ;-)

I hadn't done a signoff as Jakub asked me to investigate some breakage
in the testing infrastructure he had put together.  Sadly I haven't been
able to duplicate it, and I haven't been able to catch him online to try
and figure out what the problem was exactly.

That said there's already a way to disable the Generating... page so I'm
not sure why an extra, and different, mechanism to disable it is needed...

- John 'Warthog9' Hawley