Subject: Re: [PATCH] git-send-email: Accept -n as a synonym for --dry-run

From: "Alejandro R. Sedeño" <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 09 Dec 2010 11:21:10 -0500

On 12/09/2010 08:35 AM, Thomas Rast wrote:
> Alejandro R. Sedeño wrote:
>> diff --git a/git-send-email.perl b/git-send-email.perl
>> index 76565de..7e3df9a 100755
>> --- a/git-send-email.perl
>> +++ b/git-send-email.perl
>> @@ -85,7 +85,7 @@ git send-email [options] <file | directory | rev-list options >
>>      --confirm               <str>  * Confirm recipients before sending;
>>                                       auto, cc, compose, always, or never.
>>      --quiet                        * Output one line of info per email.
>> -    --dry-run                      * Don't actually send the emails.
>> +    -n, --dry-run                  * Don't actually send the emails.
>>      --[no-]validate                * Perform patch sanity checks. Default on.
>>      --[no-]format-patch            * understand any non optional arguments as
>>                                       `git format-patch` ones.
> 
> Good change by itself, but this is the first short option for
> git-send-email.  Maybe --force should also get its analogous -f alias?
> Any others?

Sounds good to me, though I notice that --force isn't in git-send-email's
documentation at all.

If we're expanding this patch[set] to include other short options, -q for
--quiet makes sense to me as well.

Other suggestions?

-Alejandro