Subject: Re: native-style key bindings for gitk on Mac OS X

From: Andreas Ericsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 09:30:16 +0100

On 12/12/2010 11:08 PM, Hans-Christoph Steiner wrote:
> 
> Hey all,
> 
> This is my first post here, hopefully I'm not doing anything stupid
> ;) I use gitk on Debian, Ubuntu, and Mac OS X. I'm big on having apps
> feel native on each platform. Currently gitk's key bindings are very
> GNU/Linux-ish when using gitk on Mac OS X. I'd like to submit a patch
> to make gitk use native-style key bindings and re-use common key
> bindings.

So long as the patch lets the original keys work (ie, people who are
used to them as they are now aren't suddenly hit by a nasty surprise),
I think it's a great idea.

> Before starting this, I just wanted to make sure this isn't some
> hotly debated political issue.
> 

It will be if the old keys stop working or all of a sudden do something
different. Especially if the new thing it does isn't exactly harmless
but the old thing was.

-- 
Andreas Ericsson                   [email-masked]
OP5 AB                             www.op5.se
Tel: +46 8-230225                  Fax: +46 8-230231

Considering the successes of the wars on alcohol, poverty, drugs and
terror, I think we should give some serious thought to declaring war
on peace.