Subject: Re: [PATCH] completion: Add PS1 configuration for submodules

From: Jens Lehmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 2010 19:12:47 +0100

Am 12.12.2010 07:38, schrieb Jonathan Nieder:
> Scott Kyle wrote:
>> On Tue, Dec 7, 2010 at 1:29 PM, Jonathan Nieder <[email-masked]> wrote:
>>> Scott Kyle wrote:
> 
>>>> If I set the "submodule.<name>.ignore" then diffing around inside my
>>>> history will not show the changes to that particular submodule.
>>>
>>> Even if you set it to "dirty"?
>>
>> Setting it to "dirty" is far less disruptive, you're right, but that
>> wouldn't do me much good since my submodules are often on different
>> branches while developing.
> 
> Ah, I see now.  How about something like this?  Untested, just a
> vague sketch to show the idea.

Me thinks your proposal of a new "worktree" option makes sense. Let's
hear what Scott says ...