Subject: Re: [git-svn] always prompted for passphrase with subversion 1.6

From: Edward Rudd <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 09:33:44 -0500

On 09/09/2009 08:58 PM, Tim Potter wrote:
> It's probably just a matter of adding another entry to the
> _auth_providers() function in git-svn.  My thought was that there might
> be a new auth provider in the Subversion 1.6 client library for GNOME
> Keyring support that could be used for this.
> 
> I'll have a search through and see what I can find.

I've been tracking subversion bug # 3612
(http://subversion.tigris.org/issues/show_bug.cfg?id=3612 )  which is on
this issue of perl binding not supporting platform specific providers.

A patch was added into subversion 1.6.15 that finally adds bindings for
perl to access this functionality via a call to
SVN::Core::auth_get_platform_specific_client_providers and adding it's
contents to the array returned by _auth_providers..

The "test" modification I did to git-svn is as follows.

sub _auth_providers () {
  (
    SVN::Core::auth_get_platform_specific_client_providers(undef,undef),
    [
      SVN::Client::get_simple_provider(),
      .... the rest of the static provider ...
    ]
  )
}

I'm honestly not sure if it should be at the beginning or end, and this
also needs some run-time checking to determine if the user has at least
SVN 1.6.15 installed