Subject: Re: Merge two different repositories (v2.4 + v2.5) into the one (v2.4 -> v2.5). Possible?

From: Andreas Ericsson <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 11 Jan 2011 13:41:51 +0100

On 01/11/2011 01:33 PM, Алексей Шумкин wrote:
> Thank you for the answer, but it's not what I want ))
> Applying patches is the same as rebasing, I guess.
> But I do not want to change v2.5-repo (let's call it so) that much.
> I'd like to know is there any method (low-level I suppose, as far as Git
> manages tree-objects as files) to make v2.4 LAST commit to be the
> parent of v2.5 FIRST commit?
> 

You want grafts. Check them up in the docs. Googling for "git graft"
should get you a good starting point.

-- 
Andreas Ericsson                   [email-masked]
OP5 AB                             www.op5.se
Tel: +46 8-230225                  Fax: +46 8-230231

Considering the successes of the wars on alcohol, poverty, drugs and
terror, I think we should give some serious thought to declaring war
on peace.