Subject: Re: [Bug] Gitweb corrupting files?

From: "J.H." <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 12 Jan 2011 09:08:54 -0800

On 01/12/2011 08:05 AM, Severin Gehwolf wrote:
> Hi,
> 
> It appears that Gitweb corrupts files when it is being used for
> creating compressed tarballs of sources.
> 
> A more precise description of the behaviour I'm experiencing is here:
> https://bugs.eclipse.org/bugs/show_bug.cgi?id=317882
> 
> Unfortunately I have no knowledge about the version in use at eclipse.org.

That's a fairly old version of gitweb running (1.6.6.4), and it looks
like it's stock gitweb (I.E. not the caching version).  The file itself
(the .bz2 anyway) is a valid, and complete .bz2, as well as the .tar
file extracts cleanly.

That would indicate, that if there is corruption, it is happening in the
git process itself that generates the tarball, and not in gitweb itself.

Best plan would be to upgrade to the latest code of gitweb and git and
see if the problem still persists, and if it does be able to get us a
tarball and url that has the corruption.

- John 'Warthog9' Hawley