Subject: ignoring file modes completely

From: Rafael Kitover <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 05 Feb 2011 10:24:50 -0500

Hello,

I found the core.filemode option, which ignores executable bits, but I 
need an option to ignore all mode differences, and such an option does 
not seem to exist.

The reason for this is that I'm trying to use msysGit with Cygwin git, 
sometimes to work with an msysGit clone in cygwin or to work with a 
Cygwin git clone in msysGit. For example, I would like to use "git 
cpan-init" under Cygwin, then use msysGit to work with the repository, 
this is currently impossible.

Here is "git status" on a repo made with Cygwin git under msysGit:

$ git status
# On branch master
# Changed but not updated:
#   (use "git add <file>..." to update what will be committed)
#   (use "git checkout -- <file>..." to discard changes in working 
directory)
#
#       modified:   Makefile.PL
#       modified:   t/02ads.t
#       modified:   t/02cxn.t
#       modified:   t/04os.t
...
...

Every file is modified because the modes do not match :(

Would it be possible to add some sort of option to ignore all file mode 
changes?