Subject: Re: git fetch,git merge and git rebase

From: Neal Kreitzinger <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 10 Feb 2011 16:21:27 -0600

On 2/9/2011 11:29 PM, Akash wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I am new to git .Can someone explain in simple terms what git fetch,git
> merge and git rebase do?..I tried googling but was very confused after going
> thro it.
>
> Also, can someone prescribe a link which explains git in detail right from
> scratch.
>
>
another definition of git-rebase:

git-rebase:  the MOST DANGEROUS command in git.  you can easily DESTROY 
your repo if you don't know what you're doing!  Until you get the hang 
of it, always make a copy of the before-image of the branch your 
rebasing (mybranch) by doing a "git checkout mybranch" and then "git 
branch copy-of-mybranch".  Then if you destroy mybranch you can recover 
it from copy-of-mybranch.

v/r,
neal