Subject: Re: Mercurial over Git no success

From: "Kevin P. Fleming" <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Feb 2011 07:06:25 -0600

On 02/14/2011 05:19 PM, Jon Seymour wrote:
>  From the INSTALL file:
>
>   - Git is reasonably self-sufficient, but does depend on a few external
>     programs and libraries.  Git can be used without most of them by adding
>     the approriate "NO_<LIBRARY>=YesPlease" to the make command line or
>     config.mak file.
>
>          - "zlib", the compression library. Git won't build without it.
>
>         ...

It would be quite appropriate then for git's configure script to *fail* 
if zlib and zlib headers are not present. The OP would have known what 
was wrong much earlier (and likely with a more useful error message) if 
that had happened.

-- 
Kevin P. Fleming
Digium, Inc. | Director of Software Technologies
445 Jan Davis Drive NW - Huntsville, AL 35806 - USA
skype: kpfleming | jabber: [email-masked]
Check us out at www.digium.com & www.asterisk.org