Subject: Re: cvsimport still not working with cvsnt

From: Guy Rouillier <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 19:08:14 -0500

On 2/22/2011 6:50 PM, Martin Langhoff wrote:
> On Tue, Feb 22, 2011 at 6:08 PM, Junio C Hamano<[email-masked]>  wrote:
>> Even though I don't deeply care about what CVSNT does...
> ..
>> Does anybody know why?  Only to make things incompatible, perhaps? ;-)
>
> A brief googling around shows that it also stores it in the Windows registry.
>
> Should we support that too...? ;-)

One thing at a time, Martin :).  After I get this patch through, I want 
to start working on getting the rest of the Perl script to run under 
Windows.  I was almost there; the biggest issue is that Perl 
implementations (ActiveState, Strawberry) for Windows don't support the 
list form of open.  I converted most of them successfully, but got stuck 
on one so decided to submit this patch first.  Thank goodness I did this 
separately :).

To answer Junio's question, I'm looking at the CVSNT code now 
(GlobalSettings.cpp, if anyone is interested.)  The password is stored 
in a general fashion like any other user-specified value.  So, the 
authors elected to use a properties file format of key=value.  That is 
as valid a format as any other.

-- 
Guy Rouillier