Subject: Re: cvsimport still not working with cvsnt

From: Guy Rouillier <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 22 Feb 2011 21:33:12 -0500

On 2/22/2011 7:45 PM, Junio C Hamano wrote:
> Guy Rouillier<[email-masked]>  writes:
>
>> To answer Junio's question, I'm looking at the CVSNT code now
>> (GlobalSettings.cpp, if anyone is interested.)  The password is stored
>> in a general fashion like any other user-specified value.  So, the
>> authors elected to use a properties file format of key=value.  That is
>> as valid a format as any other.
>
> As you dug that far, could you find out what happens when cvsroot contains
> an equal-sign character in its path component?
>
> I am starting to suspect that we do need two separate codepaths, and we
> would need to split out the logic to find matching password entry given a
> cvsroot value into a separate function to keep our sanity after all.
>

I'll take a look.  I spent a short amount of time with Google looking 
for "cvsroot valid characters" but didn't find anything authoritative. 
Note that this issue is not unique to CVSNT.  What does CVS do with 
CVSROOT containing a space character?

-- 
Guy Rouillier