Subject: Re: [PATCH v2 7/7] fetch/pull: Describe --recurse-submodule restrictions in the BUGS section

From: Jens Lehmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 02 Mar 2011 21:53:19 +0100

Am 02.03.2011 00:04, schrieb Jens Lehmann:
> Using the --recurse-submodules option with fetch and pull might not always
> fetch all the submodule commits the user expects, as this will only work
> when the submodule is already checked out. Document that and warn that
> this is expected to change in the future.

This patch needs the following diff to get rid of some typos. Will be
fixed in v3.

--------8<--------
diff --git a/Documentation/git-fetch.txt b/Documentation/git-fetch.txt
index f907ef5..8669227 100644
--- a/Documentation/git-fetch.txt
+++ b/Documentation/git-fetch.txt
@@ -78,10 +78,10 @@ because it is prefixed with a plus sign; `tmp` will not be.

 BUGS
 ----
-Using --recurse-submodules can only fetch new commits in alrady checked
+Using --recurse-submodules can only fetch new commits in already checked
 out submodules right now. When e.g. upstream added a new submodule in the
 just fetched commits of the superproject the submodule itself can not be
-fetched, making it impossible to check out that submodule later whithout
+fetched, making it impossible to check out that submodule later without
 having to do a fetch again. This is expected to be fixed in a future git
 version.

diff --git a/Documentation/git-pull.txt b/Documentation/git-pull.txt
index 1596d2b..1aad8bf 100644
--- a/Documentation/git-pull.txt
+++ b/Documentation/git-pull.txt
@@ -222,10 +222,10 @@ would want to start over, you can recover with 'git reset'

 BUGS
 ----
-Using --recurse-submodules can only fetch new commits in alrady checked
+Using --recurse-submodules can only fetch new commits in already checked
 out submodules right now. When e.g. upstream added a new submodule in the
 just fetched commits of the superproject the submodule itself can not be
-fetched, making it impossible to check out that submodule later whithout
+fetched, making it impossible to check out that submodule later without
 having to do a fetch again. This is expected to be fixed in a future git
 version.