Subject: [PATCH v3 0/7] Teach fetch/pull the on-demand mode and make it the default

From: Jens Lehmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 06 Mar 2011 23:09:32 +0100

Here is v3 of this patch series. Changes to v2 are:

*) Changed some documentation texts as proposed by Marc
*) Renamed the "--submodule-default" option to "--recurse-submodules-default"
*) Fixed some typos in the BUGS section

Jens Lehmann (7):
  fetch/pull: recurse into submodules when necessary
  fetch/pull: Add the 'on-demand' value to the --recurse-submodules
    option
  config: teach the fetch.recurseSubmodules option the 'on-demand'
    value
  Submodules: Add 'on-demand' value for the 'fetchRecurseSubmodule'
    option
  fetch/pull: Don't recurse into a submodule when commits are already
    present
  submodule update: Don't fetch when the submodule commit is already
    present
  fetch/pull: Describe --recurse-submodule restrictions in the BUGS
    section

 Documentation/config.txt        |   12 ++-
 Documentation/fetch-options.txt |   25 ++++-
 Documentation/git-fetch.txt     |    9 ++
 Documentation/git-pull.txt      |   11 ++-
 Documentation/gitmodules.txt    |    4 +-
 builtin/fetch.c                 |   48 ++++++--
 git-pull.sh                     |    3 +
 git-submodule.sh                |    5 +-
 submodule.c                     |  152 +++++++++++++++++++++--
 submodule.h                     |   11 ++-
 t/t5526-fetch-submodules.sh     |  255 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++
 t/t7403-submodule-sync.sh       |    2 +-
 t/t7406-submodule-update.sh     |   20 +++
 13 files changed, 520 insertions(+), 37 deletions(-)

-- 
1.7.4.1.300.g29eea0