Subject: [PATCH 2/2] bisect documentation: exit codes 126,127 abort bisect

From: Piotr Krukowiecki <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 19 Mar 2011 16:20:15 +0100

Update documentation after meaning of those exit codes changed
from "mark as bad code" to "abort bisect run".

Signed-off-by: Piotr Krukowiecki <[email-masked]>
---
 Documentation/git-bisect.txt |   11 +++++------
 1 files changed, 5 insertions(+), 6 deletions(-)

diff --git a/Documentation/git-bisect.txt b/Documentation/git-bisect.txt
index a1e47d6..70d8807 100644
--- a/Documentation/git-bisect.txt
+++ b/Documentation/git-bisect.txt
@@ -232,17 +232,16 @@ $ git bisect run my_script arguments
 
 Note that the script (`my_script` in the above example) should
 exit with code 0 if the current source code is good, and exit with a
-code between 1 and 127 (inclusive), except 125, if the current
-source code is bad.
+code between 1 and 124 (inclusive) if the current source code is bad.
+
+Exit code 125 should be used when the current source code cannot be
+tested. If the script exits with this code, the current revision will
+be skipped (see `git bisect skip` above).
 
 Any other exit code will abort the bisect process. It should be noted
 that a program that terminates via "exit(-1)" leaves $? = 255, (see the
 exit(3) manual page), as the value is chopped with "& 0377".
 
-The special exit code 125 should be used when the current source code
-cannot be tested. If the script exits with this code, the current
-revision will be skipped (see `git bisect skip` above).
-
 You may often find that during a bisect session you want to have
 temporary modifications (e.g. s/#define DEBUG 0/#define DEBUG 1/ in a
 header file, or "revision that does not have this commit needs this
-- 
1.7.1

-- 
Piotr Krukowiecki