Subject: Re: cherry-pick applies some other changes than the specified one?

From: Piotr Krukowiecki <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 21 Mar 2011 21:06:10 +0100

W dniu 21.03.2011 20:47, Junio C Hamano pisze:
> Piotr Krukowiecki <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
>> I think I even suspected this might have something to do with the merge
>> conflict and tried to make git-diff show me exact change between working
>> tree and index/HEAD (ignoring the merge).
> 
> Doesn't "git diff HEAD" show the difference between HEAD and working tree
> without the higher stages for the path getting in the way?

Forgot about this - usually commit defaults to HEAD if you didn't specify it.
My fault.

> The difference between the index and the working tree is "git diff" which
> is condensed.  I think you can force it to uncondense it by giving "-c"
> option, but I haven't tried (didn't find a need/use for it for a long
> time).

I think I tried it and it didn't work. It's also not described in git diff
man page.

-- 
Piotr Krukowiecki