Subject: Re: Translation inclusion criteria

From: Rodrigo Rosenfeld Rosas <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 29 Mar 2011 16:24:38 -0300

Em 29-03-2011 15:59, Junio C Hamano escreveu:
> Drew Northup<[email-masked]>  writes:
>
>> On Tue, 2011-03-22 at 09:57 -0300, Rodrigo Rosenfeld Rosas wrote:
>>> Hi, I've followed the instructions in git-gui/po/README in 2008 but
>>> pt.po was never included in master. Now I've just updated it.
>>>
>>> Is there anything else I should do for it being merged to master? What
>>> is the criteria for including new translations?
>> ...
>> Rodrigo,
>> Internationalization of Git is very much an ongoing process. I suspect
>> that has something to do with the uptake of your contribution. Ævar may
>> have more information.
> All the git-gui changes come through Pat Thoyts these days; Ævar has
> nothing to with git-gui i18n/l10n (except perhaps as a translator to his
> own language, but I don't see his name in the shortlog).
>
> Perhaps the submission was sent with wrong Cc:; I don't pay attention to
> git-gui and gitk l10n patches myself.

Sorry, I think I'm missing something. From the mentioned README, it 
seems we're supposed to push our changes to the mob branch of 
[email-masked]:/srv/git/git-gui/git-gui-i18n.git/, which has write 
access enabled for everyone.

That's what I've done. I couldn't find any mention in the README about 
having to send some mail after that.

I'll wait for instructions from Pat Thoyts to understand better what 
should be my next step...

Thanks,

Rodrigo.