Subject: [PATCH] Documentation/git-update-index.txt: Remove obsolete note

From: Jakob Pfender <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 15:01:57 +0200

8dcf39 (Prevent bogus paths from being added to the index) introduced a
check for files beginning with '.', preventing path names such as
`./file`, `dir/./file` or `dir/../file` from being added. This was
reflected in the man page.

d089eba (setup: sanitize absolute and funny paths in get_pathspec())
removed this check without reflecting the change in the man page.

Signed-off-by: Jakob Pfender <[email-masked]>
---
  Documentation/git-update-index.txt |    6 ++----
  1 files changed, 2 insertions(+), 4 deletions(-)

diff --git a/Documentation/git-update-index.txt 
b/Documentation/git-update-index.txt
index 1ca56c8..f0dcd1f 100644
--- a/Documentation/git-update-index.txt
+++ b/Documentation/git-update-index.txt
@@ -152,10 +152,8 @@ you will need to handle the situation manually.

  <file>::
  	Files to act on.
-	Note that files beginning with '.' are discarded. This includes
-	`./file` and `dir/./file`. If you don't want this, then use
-	cleaner names.
-	The same applies to directories ending '/' and paths with '//'
+	Note that directories ending in '/' and paths with '//' are
+	discarded.

  Using --refresh
  ---------------
-- 
1.7.0.4