Subject: RFC: script to manually associate files after failed rename detection in conflicting merge

From: Tilman Vogel <[email-masked]>
Date: Wed, 30 Mar 2011 15:38:37 +0200

Hi!

I am aware of the fact that recently, git gained the ability to control
the rename-threshold in merges. Still, it might sometimes be useful to
have manual control about what gets associated as a rename.

This is a first try to write a script that makes this task easy. I
tested it here on CONFLICT (delete/modify) results and it seems to work
quite well.

I would be interested in feedback, in particular whether something
similar is present already, even though I couldn't find anything other
than the instructions in the FAQ.

I put the script on gist.github.com at

<https://gist.github.com/894374>

Another, a little related question: Is anybody already working on making
"git checkout -m" allow "-X" options? I'd really he happy about "-X
ignore-space-change" and its relatives.

Thanks for any feedback,

Tilman