Subject: Re: [RFC/PATCH 3/3] builtin/show.c: do not prune by pathspec

From: Michael J Gruber <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 01 Apr 2011 08:46:36 +0200

Junio C Hamano venit, vidit, dixit 31.03.2011 21:23:
> Michael J Gruber <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
>>> Tests please?
>>
>> Heck, we don't have any to begin with, and this is marked RFC. Given our
>> usual reluctance to change even undocumented behavior I'm not going to
>> bother with tests for an RFC.
> 
> Quite the contrary, a well written test is a concise and readable way to
> illustrate what behaviour the proposed change is making, and helps judging
> if it is going in a good direction.  So if it is an RFC, a test would help
> very much, especially if there isn't any in the area currently.

While that may be true in some cases (e.g., providing sample output) I
don't think the commit message to 3/3 leaves anything open that a test
could clarify.

Michael