Subject: git rebase -p doesn't understand -X

From: Marius Storm-Olsen <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 15 Apr 2011 12:21:24 -0500

Hi,

I'm trying to rebase a rather large series of patches, which also 
contains a couple of merges which I'd like to recreate in the rebase, 
and for the other conflicts I'd like git to automatically choose 'ours'.

So, I run
     git rebase -p -X ours -X patience -X ignore-all-space --onto foo 
bar baz
and I get
     error: unknown switch `X'

Clearly this is because when you use the -p option, everything goes 
through the --interactive engine, instead of the normal procedure. I 
would still like to maintain that this is a bug, and that even though -p 
uses a different engine, to be able to recreate the merges, it should 
still be able to let me tune the overall merge strategy.

Is there any work around to allow me to achieve the same result?

Thanks!

-- 
.marius