Subject: [PATCH v2 0/2] better handle .gitmodules merge conflicts

From: Jens Lehmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Sat, 14 May 2011 18:25:28 +0200

Am 13.05.2011 08:19, schrieb Junio C Hamano:
> Jens Lehmann <[email-masked]> writes:
>> +static int gitmodules_is_unmerged;
>
> Is it too cumbersome to pass this down the callchain as an argument?

I think so. Currently it influences the behavior of fetch, status,
the diff family and commit. Having for example gitmodules_config()
return that value and then pass it on would touch a lot of code (and
that impact would grow even further with the recursive checkout
series I'm working on).

So I thought it best to have this information statically in the
submodule.c file and let the call sites who need to know that call
functions there to get just the information they need and hide the
details in submodule.c.

All other issues raised have been addressed in this series.

Heiko Voigt (1):
  test that git status works with merge conflict in .gitmodules

Jens Lehmann (1):
  Submodules: Don't parse .gitmodules when it contains merge conflicts

 submodule.c                 |   31 +++++++++++++-
 t/t7506-status-submodule.sh |   92 +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++--
 2 files changed, 117 insertions(+), 6 deletions(-)

-- 
1.7.5.1.291.g080bb