Subject: Re: git & patterns

From: Ferry Huberts <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 19 May 2011 08:46:10 +0200

On 05/19/2011 08:43 AM, Tim Mazid wrote:
> 
>> Is there a "concepts" or "glossary" man page or similar somewhere that
>> explains all the terms used in git that an "outsider" (somebody who does
>> not develop git and just began to use it) might not be aware of?
> 
> Well, I look like an idiot; I just found the glossary man page.
> 
> However, there is no entry for "glob", or anything about pathnames.
> 

Well glob is 'real easy' to find, once you actually know that the code
calls fnmatch :-) :-)

man fnmatch points to man 7 glob :-)

A regular git user will never know this so adding it to the glossary
seems a good idea

-- 
Ferry Huberts