Subject: Re: git -- how to revert build to as-originally-cloned?

From: Paul Ebermann <[email-masked]>
Date: Fri, 20 May 2011 21:34:43 +0200

John Lumby schrieb:
> On 05/20/11 12:25, George Spelvin wrote:
>> Er, no.  One "git merge" command produces (at most) one commit.
>> It may be that the head of the branch you merged in was already
>> a merge commit, but tha
>>
>> You may find "gitk" useful for for visualizing all of this.
> 
> I have tried gitk.    Can you or someone tell me what the colours of the
> nodes in the top left signifies?
> Specifically, a commit of mine (done since all the merging I've been 
> asking about) shows as yellow, whereas all the ones prior to that
> show as blue. (I have not altered or changed the colour scheme so 
> it's whatever the default is)

For the nodes:
Yellow is the current HEAD. Red is your worktree, if differing
from the index, green is the index, if differing from HEAD.
Everything else (in blue) are other commits in the repository.

The color of the lines is not significant, I think (or at least
I didn't recognize any regularity here).

(This is for my version of gitk, whichever this might be. I didn't
find a way to find out. It says "(c) 2005-2010" in the "about" dialog
and "(c) 2005-2009" in the start of the source code.

Paŭlo