Subject: [PATCH 0/3] submodule add: allow relative repository path even when no url is set

From: Jens Lehmann <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 06 Jun 2011 21:56:16 +0200

Am 05.06.2011 20:27, schrieb Junio C Hamano:
> If you think about "absense of the remote in the superproject means the
> project originates from here", what you are doing in step 3. is to
> changing the origin of these set of projects. After changing the origin of
> these set of projects, isn't "git submodule sync" an established way to
> adjust to the change? I was hoping that that would update .git/config in
> step 3. so you wouldn't have the problem in step 4. at all.

Thanks for explaining that in detail, I think I do get it now.

So what about this series: The first commit adds a test for the error we
are talking about, the second one implements the logic you proposed and
the last one removes some duplicated code I stumbled across while staring
at the code.

Jens Lehmann (3):
  submodule add: test failure when url is not configured in
    superproject
  submodule add: allow relative repository path even when no url is set
  submodule add: clean up duplicated code

 Documentation/git-submodule.txt |    4 +++-
 git-submodule.sh                |   12 ++----------
 t/t7400-submodule-basic.sh      |   10 ++++++++++
 3 files changed, 15 insertions(+), 11 deletions(-)

-- 
1.7.6.rc0.3.g28a66