Subject: [PATCH 2/3] t1301-*.sh: Fix the 'forced modes' test on cygwin

From: Ramsay Jones <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 16 Jun 2011 21:23:14 +0100

The 'forced modes' test fails on cygwin because the post-update
hook loses it's executable bit when copied from the templates
directory by git-init. The template loses it's executable bit
because the lstat() function resolves to the "native Win32 API"
implementation.

This call to lstat() happens after git-init has set the "git_dir"
(so has_git_dir() returns true), but before the configuration has
been fully initialised. At this point git_config() does not find
any config files to parse and returns 0. Unfortunately, the code
used to determine the cygwin l/stat() function bindings did not
check the return from git_config() and assumed that the config
was complete and accessible once "git_dir" was set.

In order to fix the test, we simply change the binding code to
test the return value from git_config(), to ensure that it actually
had config values to read, before determining the requested binding.

Signed-off-by: Ramsay Jones <[email-masked]>
---
 compat/cygwin.c |    3 +--
 1 files changed, 1 insertions(+), 2 deletions(-)

diff --git a/compat/cygwin.c b/compat/cygwin.c
index b4a51b9..b38dbd7 100644
--- a/compat/cygwin.c
+++ b/compat/cygwin.c
@@ -114,8 +114,7 @@ static int git_cygwin_config(const char *var, const char *value, void *cb)
 
 static int init_stat(void)
 {
-	if (have_git_dir()) {
-		git_config(git_cygwin_config, NULL);
+	if (have_git_dir() && git_config(git_cygwin_config,NULL)) {
 		if (!core_filemode && native_stat) {
 			cygwin_stat_fn = cygwin_stat;
 			cygwin_lstat_fn = cygwin_lstat;
-- 
1.7.5