Subject: Re: git-pull doesn't update my refs for remotes/origin/master

From: Michael J Gruber <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 25 Jul 2011 10:35:42 +0200

Graeme Geldenhuys venit, vidit, dixit 25.07.2011 09:58:
> Hi,
> 
> Any idea why this happens? When I do a 'git pull origin master' while in
> the master branch, it fetches all the latest commits, but doesn't update
> the 'remotes/origin/master' reference. When I do a 'gitk', the
> remotes/origin/master reference is still pointing to the old original
> HEAD commit. Only when I do a 'git push origin master', does it update
> the remotes/origin/master references?
> 
> I'm using git version 1.7.0.4 as is include with Ubuntu 10.04
> 
> Here is my .git/config file:
...

Here's my quote from git-pull's man page:

A parameter <ref> without a colon is equivalent to <ref>: when
pulling/fetching, so it merges <ref> into the current branch without
               storing the remote branch anywhere locally

I.e., just do "git pull origin".

Michael