Subject: Re: "git archive" seems to be broken wrt zip files

From: René Scharfe <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 11 Sep 2011 17:38:59 +0200

Am 11.09.2011 15:14, schrieb Andreas Schwab:
> Jeff King <[email-masked]> writes:
> 
>> IOW, the zip file looks right. I wonder if this is actually a bug in
>> "unzip".
> 
> It is.  This only happens if you have more then 16k entries and when one
> of the 16k entry infos is reused it happend to be previously used for a
> symlink entry.
> 
> Here's a patch for unzip60 for reference:

Oh, thanks, now I can stop scratching my head while trying to find my
way around unzip's source and its amazing OS compatibility code.

On Windows (the main target for ZIP file support in git archive), 7-Zip,
the unzip from msysgit and the native ZIP support extract the archive
without any issues (except for 13 files whose names only differ
upper/lower case of some chars to 13 other files), by the way.  Since
they lack symlink support, the target path of
arch/microblaze/boot/dts/system.dts is simply written to a regular file,
though.

René