Subject: Re: [PATCH v2] post-receive-email: explicitly set Content-Type header

From: Johannes Sixt <[email-masked]>
Date: Tue, 20 Sep 2011 11:32:54 +0200

Am 9/20/2011 10:07, schrieb Alexey Shumkin:
> Some email clients (e.g. claws-mail) incorrectly display
> message body when there is no Content-Type header and charset
> explicitly defined.
> So, set explicitly Content-Type header and charset
> can be defined with hooks.emailcharset config variable.

Please write full sentences with complete punctuation and capitalization.
Perhaps you meant to say:

  Some email clients (e.g. claws-mail) display the message body
  incorrectly when the charset is not defined explicitly in a
  Content-Type header. Insert a Content-Type header in the message.

  The charset can be defined with the config variable
  hooks.emailcharset.

> +# hooks.emailcharset
> +#   The charset used in Content-Type header. UTF-8, if not specified.

How can you be sure that the output produced by git log etc. that are used
in the script are in the encoding specified by this variable? IOW,
wouldn't log.outputencoding be the better choice to use in the
Content-Type header?

-- Hannes