Subject: any way to "re-sync" a bare repository against another bare repository?

From: Chris Friesen <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 22 Sep 2011 11:22:37 -0600

Suppose I have a parent bare repository.  I do a "git clone --bare" to 
create a child repository, and then clone the child to create a 
grandchild repository.

If changes get pushed into the parent repository, is there any way to 
cause the child to be updated?

Just a "git fetch <parent>" doesn't seem to help.  If I set up parent as 
a remote branch I can fetch it, but then it shows all the branches as 
"parent/<branch>" rather than updating the child.

I just tried a "git clone --mirror" to create the child and it seems to 
allow me to pick up changes in the parent via "git fetch".  Is that the 
proper way to handle this?

Thanks,
Chris

-- 
Chris Friesen
Software Developer
GENBAND
[email-masked]
www.genband.com