Subject: subversion-perl missing

From: Georg-Johann Lay <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 13:48:59 +0200

Hi, I just downloaded git and built from source, version is

git version 1.7.6.4

I am particularly interested in git-svn, but running it I get complaints

Initialized empty Git repository in /local/Downloads/v4.5.x/.git/
Can't locate SVN/Core.pm in @INC (@INC contains:
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.10.0/i586-linux-thread-multi
/usr/local/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.10.0
/usr/lib/perl5/5.10.0/i586-linux-thread-multi /usr/lib/perl5/5.10.0
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.10.0/i586-linux-thread-multi
/usr/lib/perl5/site_perl/5.10.0
/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.10.0/i586-linux-thread-multi
/usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl/5.10.0 /usr/lib/perl5/vendor_perl .) at
/usr/local/libexec/git-core/git-svn line 42

I found out that a module like subversion-perl is missing, but installing it
via OpenSuse 1.11 would downgrade my SVN installation, so I skipped that.

Thus, being no admin and no perl guy, I am stuck now and am asking here for
some kind help, being very well aware that it's not a git issue but just about
getting some prerequisite for git.

Where do I have to go to get the svn+perl stuff? Couldn't locate anything like
that in subversion.tigris.org, so that I am stuck and need some hints on how to
proceed.

Many thanks,

Johann