Subject: Re: subversion-perl missing

From: Georg-Johann Lay <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 26 Sep 2011 18:49:31 +0200

Christian Couder schrieb:
> Hi,
> 
> On Mon, Sep 26, 2011 at 1:48 PM, Georg-Johann Lay <[email-masked]> wrote:
>> Where do I have to go to get the svn+perl stuff? Couldn't locate anything like
>> that in subversion.tigris.org, so that I am stuck and need some hints on how to
>> proceed.
> 
> Perhaps you can try to install this module from CPAN:
> 
> http://search.cpan.org/~mschwern/Alien-SVN-v1.6.12.1/
> 
> or from it's github repo:
> 
> https://github.com/schwern/alien-svn

Hi Christian,

thanks for that hint.

After getting that piece of software, running ./Build.PL and ./Build I just
don't know what to do next.  The README doesn't say anything about how to use
the built modules or how to do an install.

As git-svn complains

...Can't locate SVN/Core.pm in @INC (@INC contains: ...

and

 schwern-alien-svn-9298884>find . -name 'Core.pm'
./src/subversion/subversion/bindings/swig/perl/native/Core.pm
./src/subversion/subversion/bindings/swig/perl/native/blib/lib/SVN/Core.pm

the question is how to do the final trick of telling git how to use Core.pm
(and which of the two?) and do the connexion between git and alien-svn.

Sorry for the noob questions, never used perl or git before...

Johann

> Regards,
> Christian.

p.s. is it possible not to open quote e-mail addresses in mailing lists?