Subject: regression in git-gui since 2c5c66b... Merge branch 'jp/get-ref-dir-unsorted

From: Mark Levedahl <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 16 Oct 2011 14:10:58 -0400

I have a project organized as a number of nested git modules (not using 
git-submodule), and frequently use git-new-workdir to create the nested 
modules.

Since the above merge-commit, git-gui is confused by this arrangement 
and reports every file in every nested module as being an untracked file 
in the top-level (super) project. Prior to the above merge, git-gui 
properly stops recursing when finding a .git directory. git-gui also 
continues working correctly when the modules are full clones, it just 
doesn't work correctly when the .git directory contains symlinks to the 
real .git directory contents.

git-gui works correctly on either parent of the above merge, just not 
after the merge. As the merge was not clean, I guess Junio gets to 
decide who owns the problem :^).

Note that core git is fine up to current master, it is only git-gui that 
has become confused (e.g., git-status shows the top-level directory of 
each nested module as untracked, but does not list files in the nested 
modules).

Mark