Subject: Re: [BUG] git checkout <branch> allowed with uncommitted changes

From: Holger Hellmuth <[email-masked]>
Date: Mon, 17 Oct 2011 00:04:35 +0200

Am 16.10.2011 22:37, schrieb Junio C Hamano:
> I doubt the full status output is better behaviour. For one thing, you do
> not need full status as by definition branch switching would only have
> local changes as a result (i.e. you will not see "Changes to be committed"
> section).

?? After "git add" on a changed file I see it under "Changes to be 
committed". And branch switching still works (with newest git from 
master branch):

# On branch two
# Changes to be committed:
#   (use "git reset HEAD <file>..." to unstage)
#
#       modified:   test1.txt
#
# Changes not staged for commit:
#   (use "git add <file>..." to update what will be committed)
#   (use "git checkout -- <file>..." to discard changes in working 
directory)
#
#       modified:   test2.txt
#

Small inconsistency: On the other branch instead of "Changes not staged 
for commit:" the text "Changed but not updated:" is printed, everything 
else is unchanged