Subject: Re: Compiling on Windows

From: Vincent van Ravesteijn <[email-masked]>
Date: Thu, 20 Oct 2011 23:38:26 +0200

>> I once wrote a little step-by-step tutorial on how to compile the 
>> native Windows Git with MSVC (Express).
>>
>> http://blog.vfrconsultancy.nl/#post0
>
> The blog post filled in a few gaps in the Msysgit README instructions 
> about where to place the various downloads described.

I updated the post a little so that it actually works again. I somehow 
like to have a real native Windows compilation of Git.

To successfully compile Git, we also need to change
> #include <sys/resource.h>
into
> #include <io.h>

I have seen some communication about this in the past, but nobody cared 
enough to fix this.

Shall I sent a patch that adds a file "compat/win32/sys/resource.h" 
which just includes "io.h" ? Or is there another more prefered way to 
fix this ?

Vincent