Subject: Re: a bug when execute "git status" in git version 1.7.7.431.g89633

From: John Hsing <[email-masked]>
Date: Sun, 23 Oct 2011 16:35:07 +0800

ok,when i finish compiling git 1.7.7.431.g89633，I use it to check 
Cyanogenod（an Android mod source） by “git status”，it happend this 
error！but when i reuse git v1.7.7，it is OK！so i think it is a bug in 
git 1.7.7.431.g89633！My OS is Ubuntu Linux 10.10，sorry for my bad 
english！ If you want to reproduce this error,please excute "git status" 
in https://github.com/CyanogenMod/android_packages_apps_DSPManager.git 
repo!

于2011年10月23日 星期日 16时25分28秒,Matthieu Moy写到:
> John Hsing <[email-masked]> writes:
>
>> the error:
>
> When does this error occur? is it reproducible on any repository? Which
> OS?
>
>> git: malloc.c:3096: sYSMALLOc: Assertion `(old_top == (((mbinptr)
>> (((char *) &((av)->bins[((1) - 1) * 2])) - __builtin_offsetof (struct
>> malloc_chunk, fd)))) && old_size == 0) || ((unsigned long) (old_size) >=
>> (unsigned long)((((__builtin_offsetof (struct malloc_chunk,
>> fd_nextsize))+((2 * (sizeof(size_t))) - 1)) & ~((2 * (sizeof(size_t))) -
>> 1))) && ((old_top)->size & 0x1) && ((unsigned long)old_end & pagemask)
>> == 0)' failed.
>
> The assertion is violated outside the source code of Git itself, so
> either Git calls malloc incorrectly, or this is a bug in your libc.
>